A few things you may or may not know about DSRT…
- They are part of the biggest charity in the UK where nobody gets paid. The people who rescue you on the moors as a fourth emergency service are all volunteers.
- Most of them buy all of their own kit as well, because there aren’t the funds to cover them
- Our team from Tavistock were actually the first on site when Tadcaster bridge collapsed in the Yorkshire floods – it was 29 December
- Our team train regularly with other teams in other parts of the UK, and every single week here on Dartmoor
- In 2018 they will be celebrating 50 years as an organised volunteer rescue team
We will be investigating some fundraising ideas over the new few months, so watch this space!